Pickup at the Library
The West Fargo Public Library now offers no-contact curbside material pickup. Patrons can pick up held items including books, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs and Summer Reading Program activity materials. Below is the procedure for this new curbside pickup service.
1. Patrons can place holds via My Library Account, over the phone at 701-551-8940 or by emailing email@example.com. Patrons are able to choose specific materials to be held or discuss their needs with a librarian for assistance. The library offers Book Bundles for children. While browsing the library is impossible at this time, librarians are available to "browse" for patrons. For example, if a child has an interest in books with dogs in them, a librarian could choose a number of books featuring dogs for that child. To reserve a Book Bundle about a specific topic, use our Book Bundle Request Form.
2. After submitting a hold request, patrons must call 701-551-8940 to select an appointment time to pick up their items. Curbside pickup is available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. More detail will be made available to patrons upon making an appointment for pickup.
3. The pickup process will include no physical contact between staff and patrons. A staff person will place the items on a table outside the entrance of the West Fargo Public Library. Patrons will then grab their items after the staff person has returned inside the building.
Delivery of Children’s Materials via the Little Red Reading Bus
1. Patrons can place holds for Book Bundles via the Book Bundle Request Form.
2. After submitting a hold request, patrons will receive notification that their materials are ready to be delivered. Holds will be available on the Little Red Reading Bus the Wednesday following receipt of the notification. You may place your order as late as noon on the Wednesday you are hoping to have your books delivered. Orders received after noon on Wednesday will be delivered the following week. Your books will be delivered to your home between 5 and 8 p.m. that Wednesday.
3. This modified pickup process will still include no physical contact between staff and patrons. Patrons are asked to wait to grab their items after the staff person has returned inside the bus.