The West Fargo Public Library summer reading program – Summer Boost – returns June 1, 2023. This year's theme is "All Together Now" so we are celebrating friendship, community, and working together. Summer Boost includes:
- online reading challenges on Beanstack (Note: If you already have a beanstack account, you do not need to make a new one. Simply sign in and choose Summer Boost from the list of challenges available to you.)
- the Little Red Reading Bus route
- special events and activities for all ages all summer
Participants of all ages the Summer Boost online challenge! Ages 0 - 5 are encouraged to practice early literacy skills to earn prizes. Ages 6 and up track reading hours to earn their rewards.
Summer Boost online challenge registration is open now on Beanstack, which can be accessed via web browser or the Beanstack mobile app. The challenge runs June 1 through July 31.
Why Summer Boost?
Summer Boost offers opportunities for people of all ages to learn, meet, share, read, play and create.
For kids, reading and learning during the summer has proven to benefit children as they return to school in the fall. Even a small amount of reading, just fifteen minutes a day, can be a great help to stop the "summer slide" — learning loss that occurs when children are out of school in the summer.
For teens and adults, Summer Boost encourages reading as a lifelong habit and gives them an opportunity to keep reading, learning and having fun!
2023 Summer Boost Program Sponsors & Prize Donors
- Friends of the West Fargo Public Library
- Bank of North Dakota
- Ferguson Books
- Prairie Public
- Red River Valley Fair
- Sandy's Donuts
- Skate City
Summer Boost Event Partners
- Burgraff's Ace Hardware
- Horace Parks
- Imagination Theatre
- Project Linus
- West Fargo Events
- West Fargo Park District
- West Fargo Police Department
- Stay tuned for more!
- Sep 27
- Sep 28
- Library Board MeetingRead More
- Sep 29